Whole House Air Cleaners
FACT: Air pollution is a serious problem — especially inside your home! The EPA has named indoor air pollution as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health. The EPA also reports that indoor air can be up to one hundred times more polluted than the air outside. One hundred times! And while you are offered many options — standard 1″ furnace filters, portable purifiers and ionizers — there’s only one truly effective solution: an Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner.
Don’t just treat the symptoms — remove the problems from the air in every room of your house — from your bedroom to your basement with an air cleaning system from Aprilaire — the leader in whole-home air cleaning technology.
What is a Whole-Home Air Cleaner?
There are many types of air cleaners (also referred to as air purifiers or ionizers) on the market today but none are as effective and clean your entire house as well as an Aprilaire Air Cleaning system. Aprilaire Whole-Home Air Cleaners make your air as clean as possible by removing particulates from your air, allowing you to breathe healthier air — important to those with allergies and asthma and for those who want the cleanest air possible for themselves and their family. An Aprilaire Air Cleaner installed by your heating and cooling contractor, can help rid your home of dust, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria and viruses, smoke and more!
How Does It Work?
Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaners are installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system — completely out of your way and out-of-sight. That means each and every time your system runs, the air in your home is filtered through our state-of-the-art filter media removing potentially harmful contaminants from every room of your home.
The resulting clean air is then distributed via your heating and cooling system’s ductwork to your entire home. Best yet, the system is easy to maintain with infrequent maintenance only required every 1-2 years (based on system run time and regional variability) unlike portable units that require monthly care or standard filters that need cleaning every 1-3 months.
Turn your central heating and cooling system into a whole-house air cleaner with Aprilaire!
“Poor indoor air quality can cause or contribute to the development of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. In addition, it can cause headaches, dry eyes, nasal congestion, nausea and fatigue. People who already have respiratory diseases are at greater risk.”
Why do you need whole-house air cleaning? Consider this:
- Each person inhales over 3,500 gallons of air each day. Children inhale more particles for their size than adolescents or adults.
- Polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- More than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, about 1/3 are children under 18.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common household allergen, can live in one ounce of dust.
- An estimated 10-15% of the entire population may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
- A person sheds up to 700,000 skin flakes per day.
Get green with greater comfort from Aprilaire
Whether you’re updating your home to be more healthy, energy-efficient and sustainable or you’re building a new green-certified home, Aprilaire offers a complete line of innovative products designed to improve the quality of indoor air.
Our central air cleaners treat your entire home by permanently capturing harmful contaminants like bacteria, mold spores and allergens. High efficiency air cleaners help qualify your home for the Green-Built Certification Program of the National Association of Home Builders.
Every Aprilaire product provides important key benefits for your family and home.
The air in your home is littered with virus-sized particles and bacteria, allergens, respirable dust and other airborne contaminants. An Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner can help provide relief from these irritants — up to 40 times more efficiently than standard furnace filters.
Ever feel as if all you do is clean your home? Installing a whole-home air cleaning system by Aprilaire means you’ll need to dust less, keeping your home and its contents cleaner and more comfortable.
Did you know that the build-up of dust and dirt can be damaging to your heating and cooling equipment contributing to increased and expensive maintenance or premature failure? A typical 1″ furnace filter just can’t provide enough protection. An Aprilaire Whole-House Air Cleaner helps ensure that your heating and cooling system lasts as long as possible. Click here to view 10-year old air conditioning coils with and without a whole-home air cleaner installed in the home.
Build-up of dust, dirt, pet dander, hair and other substances on your heating and cooling equipment can reduce its efficiency by as much as 25%. An Aprilaire Whole-Home Air Cleaner can filter out these particles and help maintain the efficiency of your central heating and cooling system by enabling it to satisfy your needs quicker, using less energy.
The Perfect Questions to Ask
When selecting an air cleaner, many people consider the Minimum Efficiency Rating Value (MERV) — a system used by many manufacturers in their claims. Aprilaire Media Air Cleaners are rated MERV 10 at 1200 cfm (the typical airflow for an average home). But we suggest that you consider the following questions to determine the best air cleaner for you:
- Is it a whole-home solution? It should clean the air in the entire house, not just a room or section of your home.
- Is there long service life? Who enjoys changing the filter media every month or even every couple of months? The best air cleaner should require maintenance only once a year.
- Will it enhance equipment life? The best air cleaner should permanently trap the dirt that causes heating and air-conditioning units to wear prematurely.
- What about quality? The best air cleaner should be built to last, providing the same high performance for years. One mark of quality is the seal around the door. It should have broad, thick seals to minimize air leakage.
- Is it invisible and silent? The best air cleaner should be invisible, not another piece of furniture in a room. It should operate silently, not make distracting noises.
Indoor Air Matters Medical White Paper by Doron Schneider, M.D.
An in-depth look at the connection between indoor air quality and respiratory health.